Gene's Footnotes

I have never been impressed by the messenger and always inspect the message, which I now understand is not the norm. People prefer to filter out discordant information. As such, I am frequently confronted with, "Where did you hear that...." Well, here you go. If you want an email version, send me an email.

May 27, 2012

Caveat: May 28, 2012

Smart guy, Jim Rogers, called a gold nut in the past, was co-founder of Quantum Fund with Soros:


..."The problem is currencies everywhere are being debased, and that's why I would rather own real assets. I'd rather own silver or rice than Toyota or IBM," Rogers says.
"If you can get the right farmland I would suspect farmland would continue to be a wonderful place to continue to put money," Rogers tells Newsmax.TV. 
"Become a farmer. Finance is finished."...
"You're going to see more social unrest including in the United States, including in western and in developed countries. There's going to be a lot more social unrest. More governments are going to fall, more countries are going to fall," he said. 
"When I say be careful, I mean be very careful in every way, not just with your investments but with your life,"...
"Mr. Obama doesn't seem to understand what's going on in the world around him. His advisers certainly don't. I hate to laugh but I kept saying in 2009 that Mr. Obama has got to learn these guys don't have a clue," Rogers says. 
"We're all going to learn in 2013, 2014 and in 2015 that they are going to make things worse and worse and worse because the world's got serious problems partly caused by these guys who don't have a clue. The idea that you have the people who caused the problems to solve the problems is bad for my nervous system."
Read more: Jim Rogers: ‘Become a Farmer. Finance is Finished’ 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home