Gene's Footnotes

I have never been impressed by the messenger and always inspect the message, which I now understand is not the norm. People prefer to filter out discordant information. As such, I am frequently confronted with, "Where did you hear that...." Well, here you go. If you want an email version, send me an email.

June 12, 2008

WANTED: New Candidates (Must be qualified)


The Canadian spy network reported in.  Irene sent along a piece from conservative sources that could be the Clintons' secret weapon.  (Oh, yes, Irene got her U.S. citizenship back from the pawn shop.)

The big poop is, rather than the Countrywide/Fannie Mae fat-cat friends scandal or Chicago convicted slum lord friend scandal or the church racist friends scandal, there is some question as to whether Obama qualifies to be president of the U.S. under the naturalization clause, as modified by the continuously moving statues.  

Obama has not released his Birth Certificate and there is hearsay about a murky past, which should be normal for most of us.  Nonetheless, it appears his mother did not stay in the U.S. long enough for him to be "naturalized" even if he were born in Hawaii.

Had a friend who child was born in England in the 80's and the kid has to have a Green Card. As I recall, FDR was born in Canada, but that was OK , then. What a weird system.  (Oops, I am not sure Canada actually existed then or the province had signed on.  This is all very confusing.)

Similarly, there is question about McCain, who was born in Panama. His argument being that he was born on a base, I believe, in a protectorate.  Hmmm. 

The Obama matter could be the other shoe dropping, if it is a cognizable matter.  No way around the pre-conditions even if Florida votes for you.  I have been anticipating the big shoe scandal and could not believe Mrs. Clinton went all the way through the primaries for no reason. 

For my part, I hope McCain is unable to run, although we should have a strong Democrat like John in the race, although a Republican would be interesting. Like Obama, he is the product of timing and media support.  

Maybe we can all get do overs.   In any event, I refuse to be drafted, unless I get an upfront bonus.

-----


PS.  As I noted in an email re this blog, the comment quoted from Styne was his quoting a reader and it was a wise-crack, not my preaching.  I just point out the facts as best I can find them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home