Gene's Footnotes

I have never been impressed by the messenger and always inspect the message, which I now understand is not the norm. People prefer to filter out discordant information. As such, I am frequently confronted with, "Where did you hear that...." Well, here you go. If you want an email version, send me an email.

November 21, 2008

Mopping UP

Here is a link re the continuing Obama citizenship case(s). Other than panicing over the (possibly) coming depression, I am trying to avoid blog entries. Just following up. If you don't like the site, find another.  Its not an opinion piece. 

1.  Berg case, which I mentioned previously, was dismissed for lack of standing (which sort of pisses me off - who has standing, then? It is a constitutional requirement with no one to assure it?) Berg said he was "appealing".  I didn't bother seeing where he is.

2.  NJ case being conferenced by the Supreme Court, a surprise to observers, even after Souter rejected an emergency action. This case wants to bar both McCain and Obama from getting NJ votes, both pedigree in question. 

3.  California case - to bar Obama votes until he proves his citizenship.  (Keyes case)

May be more.  I got sleepy.

Again, the "Birth Certificate" shown on the Obama site is a 2007 copy of a document proving Obama's birth was registered in Hawaii, not that he was born there. It is not a birth certifiate if you look at it.  It is dated a few days after the birth. He may have been born there, but a different certificate is needed, a real Birth Certificate. The document is for registering residents born out of state. 

I know everyone thinks this is "crazy," as the Obama campaign says, but it is in various Courts and being heard, scheduled for review (NY case) by the full Court in private. It involves a credible claim that can be easily disposed of  by a simple document. The fact that it seems a moot issue as no one is paying attention does not derail the legal enquiry. If there is a real issue here, it will eventually be heard, even if judges do not want to have it appear. 

In law we have "conditions precedent" which are those things necessary to go foward. There is no discussion over substance, no deference to right, wrong, or voters. There is only the binary condition to meet. Yes or no.  Though the results would be a nightmare, should it be no, even to the GOP, that is irrelevant to the condition. Yes or no. Or, it should be. Telling us it is "moot" is going to be a major blow to our constitution and Obama's credibility. Our nation is not good at facing binary questions. 

Also, as I see it, the question of standing is a serious federal issue. I didn't read the decision of the PA judge, so I can't say if it makes sense or not. No, I shouldn't say that, it probably makes sense, but it may be in error. I could see a few cases being joined for an efficient disposition. 

So, could this make Biden president?  What a country.  Time for a virtual party.

Gene

PS:  Cash is king.  I will keep saying it. After cash comes peanut butter and chocolate bars. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home