Gene's Footnotes

I have never been impressed by the messenger and always inspect the message, which I now understand is not the norm. People prefer to filter out discordant information. As such, I am frequently confronted with, "Where did you hear that...." Well, here you go. If you want an email version, send me an email.

October 12, 2011

Andrew K Dart

I am publishing an emal I received.

Please read it and follow the site.  We have a resource, here, that is well-done and Mr. Dart is thoroughly aware of what is happening.  He is aware and not asking for money to share his information.

As you will see in the letter, those of us concerned about a reality of false information have to stop preaching to the choir.  Last year, we ran the Irregulars as a way to reach out to reward the man whose change of vote passed Obamacare. We used a pyramidical email structure. Today, our goal, individually and collectively, must be to reach those we know who are ambivalent. Their vague thought patters could imprison us all.

Perhaps mail a link to this blog.  The key is to be active.  Perhaps, we can organize a structure to reach out, but right now being a concerned person can't hurt. After all, one of your friends or family is probably in need of remedial assistance.

Oh, the image is one of Cassandra. I am not sure why she was being torn away from a statue in Pompeii. Link to an account of her myth.
--------------

Dear Mr. Cunningham, 
Thank you for your message and the positive feedback about my web site.  Your comments are greatly appreciated, and because the whole operation is free of advertising, compliments from readers are my greatest reward. 
Once in a while I may also get a message from someone who disagrees with *everything* I've said, and although that is informative, there is just no way to respond to someone like that. 
You are correct in your assessment that I'm preaching to the choir, by and large, and most of my web site's visitors are just looking for confirmation or reinforcement of their opinions.  By searching for my own name on the internet, I have also discovered that some groups on the far left point to me as an example of a right-wing fool.  That's flattering. 
In maintaining my web site, one of my goals is to counteract selective news reporting and to keep important events from disappearing down the media memory hole.  For example, the governor of North Carolina recently suggested that the 2012 elections should be suspended.  Naturally she kicked up a cloud of opposition, and the story soon faded from the headlines (in the few news outlets that mentioned it at all), but we must never forget that the idea came up, and it was a Democrat who brought it up. 
My web site serves only to sound the alarm.  The solutions to our country's problems, in my opinion, would be too "extreme" for our current crop of politicians to implement, as they would have to include such things as a complete turnover in Congress (term limits) and having the military patrol and enforce our border with Mexico (rather than living confortably in Japan or Germany). 
Deeper than that, the people of our country are hopelessly divided into two groups:  The producers and the sponges.  A huge fraction of the population is living on government checks, and there's no way they will ever vote to cut themselves off.  To put it another way, as long as the sponges are allowed to vote, the ratio of sponges to producers will increase -- and yet the ratio is already too high to suddenly prohibit them from voting, even if the Constitution would allow such a change.  (The Constitution does not authorize direct payments to individuals, as far as I can tell, but nobody cares about that.) 
The second deepest root is that both political parties constantly work to expand the government and, no matter which party is in power, no federal agencies are ever disbanded and dissolved.  Several major government operations have run out of things to do, yet they soak up billions of dollars every year.  Two examples are NASA and the EPA.  A few years ago I tried to assemble a list of all the federal departments, bureaus, institutes, commissions, and so on, and it soon became apparent that there's no way for one person to find them all.  You can see my list at 
http://www.akdart.com/gov1.html
Congratulations on helping to get Chris Gibson into the House of Representatives.  A quick Google search showed me his district.  Incidentally,  Albany, NY, is the farthest I've ever been away from home.  (My parents lived in New York until the 1940's, on a farm outside of Hamilton.  Fortunately they moved to Texas before I was born.  The farm life is wonderful, I'm sure, but I don't like snow.) 
You are quite correct:  Sleepwalking is a dangerous thing. 
Have a great day! 
Andrew K. Dart 
akdart.com 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home