Gene's Footnotes

I have never been impressed by the messenger and always inspect the message, which I now understand is not the norm. People prefer to filter out discordant information. As such, I am frequently confronted with, "Where did you hear that...." Well, here you go. If you want an email version, send me an email.

July 15, 2012

Northern Lights: Ohio


Spectacular Northern Lights this week. This photo is from Ohio! This is significantly south for such lights. In fact, it is south of me.


While this is cool, it is important to realize the lights are resulting from a very active sun. The flares, the last I saw, were serious enough for concern if we are directly hit. 


On top of a busy sun, which warms oceans, in addition humans breathing, it is time for el nino. 


One could project problems with crops, in addition to fried electronics, if we are unlucky, so buy orange juice before the winter hits. 


There is an old curse: may you live in interesting times.


Isn't this the year that time ends or something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home