Gene's Footnotes

I have never been impressed by the messenger and always inspect the message, which I now understand is not the norm. People prefer to filter out discordant information. As such, I am frequently confronted with, "Where did you hear that...." Well, here you go. If you want an email version, send me an email.

October 26, 2013

Geography

Just a quick note as I eat an egg sandwich.

The barrista, here, came in from school in Oneonta to cover people at the cafe. He is studying geography. The two of us in line stared.  I had to ask.

What does that mean?

He was very upbeat. One part is "sort" of like environmental science. Another gets into food production, like GMO stuff. Then, there is urban planning.

The two of us stared.

"So, you study everything on earth"

"Pretty much."

As a nice social way to withdraw to my tea and eggs, I asked if there were any jobs for that? (OK, it was a little pointed.)

"Oh, yes.  The government is always hiring."

Perhaps, after the counter-revolution, the first thing we do is hang all the high school teachers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home