Gene's Footnotes

I have never been impressed by the messenger and always inspect the message, which I now understand is not the norm. People prefer to filter out discordant information. As such, I am frequently confronted with, "Where did you hear that...." Well, here you go. If you want an email version, send me an email.

June 12, 2008

Earth's temperature


I think the delete button in a link field published this prematurely.  I was going to flesh it out for tomorrow, but I figure I should send it out now.  In addition, I am not sure I did not make the graphs unreadable, in the meantime, so you can check back to the prior email, if I did.  Sorry for the rush job, but I will still take tomorrow off.

Click on the title for a detailed chat about the earth's temperature.   What I found interesting is that observers are a bit peeved that NASA keeps changing the earth's prior numbers, as well as overstate current numbers.  Below are two graphs claiming to represent the same date from the same NASA. 

This is important to pay attention to.  If you look at NASA for anytime, with a suspicious eye, you start to see this guy Hanson, ther NASA spkesman/scientist, promotes himself and is a political advocate at NASA, not an administrator.  I have noticed him spinning for years; he says things which are not what NASA studies and data show, like it is freaking cold in Antartica.  Click here for Little Green Footballs on him.

Anyway, read the article from Britain for some background, which Hanson would not give you. To many Europeans, the earth has not been getting warmer since 1998 and won't start again until 2015.   Have you noticed the shifting language in the U.S.to "Global Change" from "Global Warming."  (Told you about thisa year ago.) I get tired of moving targets.  However, it is wiser to complain of something that is normal, so you can't be off. I am collecting money to stop air density changes. 

Do we spend hundreds of billions of dollars on a program based upon the following?  Take your pick of the same data.

1999 2007
      

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home