Gene's Footnotes

I have never been impressed by the messenger and always inspect the message, which I now understand is not the norm. People prefer to filter out discordant information. As such, I am frequently confronted with, "Where did you hear that...." Well, here you go. If you want an email version, send me an email.

June 09, 2013

I am sure many readers still roll their eyes when I relate the conspiracy against our Constitutional protections and the prevalence of Big Brother.  It has been years, though, that I get that in person.  To my surprise, InfoWars turns out to be one of the only news source still reporting what is happening.  Below is an excerpt from the National Post (Canada) which I recommend.  Read the entire article.

I have no reason why the headline is cut off and do not care.

I will be leaving Blogger soon. It is part
of the Google syndicate. The founder of Google, as you will find in the National Post of a few days ago, stated clearly that he (and he is a fascist working with Obama) knows exactly where you are down to feet, knows what you buy, read, do, and will soon be able to know your next thought.

He stated simply that people really do not want to find answers, as in Google, but they WANT TO BE TOLD WHAT TO DO.

I know what to do, thanks for the insight.

As the article, below, points out, we all know that Big Brother can track us, but we still use Google, Facebook, etc. You hear the low-brow argument that "I got nothing to hide...."  It is the profound stupidity, using the word as it is meant, that terrifies me. Its like the story of the NAZIs coming for the Jews and the person says, "So, I am not a Jew."

Here is the argument:  When you used any of the major services, regardless of you apparent good behavior, you are supporting an evil beyond understanding except to, perhaps, George Orwell. You are in the back of the sheep pen enjoying your free food. Then, one day, they come for you. You have the freedom to protect yourself, why not use it? Assume your dignity. Otherwise, get a tattoo and wait.

I am methodically ending my relationship with all things intentionally evil. I have not cancelled my Facebook as it is archived, anyway, but never use it and warn others to stop. I will eventually see if it is possible to remove the page but not until I use it to warn people to get off.

If you use it, you are feeding the beast - not with paying for a service or product, but by selling you privacy. You are selling the privacy and dignity of your friends, as well. You are arming the beast. So going forward, I suggest, it is stupid to feed the beast.  As Stalin commented, the Americans will sell you the rope that is used to hang them.

I will close this Blog with a listing of things you can do, as I learn more.  If you have any ideas, let me know.  For example, I found an email service out of Europe (fastmail) that encrypts you stored emails (I think.)  I use the browser IXQUICK.com as it is totally without records (I think.)  It is too bad that I will not use the many good services of Google, but the price is too high.

I watch British TV on Netflix and see the same theme: use of CCTV to track down anyone. In 2008 there was one mini-series, The Last Enemy, that showed where this intrusion leads. It does not lead to the star saving England. We only defeat aliens and Germans. I recommend finding this. I believe it is available to watch on the Internet outside of Netflix.  Then, there is M5 which is a show that is neutral in watching how M-5 uses CCTV.

Never forget, that the billions spent on these things find next to no one. There have been 21 recent terrorist plots in the US that were broken up. Seventeen were traps run by the FBI.  One resulted in the first explosion at the World Trade Center! The FBI built the bomb. Three other plots private citizens broke up before the event (I walked past the car bomb in NYC two years ago!)  The police are essentially useless except after the fact, so why are they watching you?  Why are you paying for that wonderful surveillance.

Write up a big Post It and put it on your TV:  DEFEND YOUR DIGNITY




In a 2011 U.S. poll, 54% of those surveyed felt protecting citizens' rights and freedoms should be a higher priority for the government than keeping people safe from terrorists. While, 64% said it was sometimes necessary to sacrifice some rights and freedoms to fight terrorism.
AP Photo/Reed Saxon/FilesIn a 2011 U.S. poll, 54% of those surveyed felt protecting citizens' rights and freedoms should be a higher priority for the government than keeping people safe from terrorists. While, 64% said it was sometimes necessary to sacrifice some rights and freedoms to fight terrorism.
NEW YORK — For more than a decade now, Americans have made peace with the uneasy knowledge that someone — government, business or both — might be watching.
We knew that the technology was there. We knew that the law might allow it. As we stood under a security camera at a street corner, connected with friends online or talked on a smart phone equipped with GPS, we knew, too, it was conceivable that we might be monitored.

‘You are already a suspect’: Surveillance becoming ‘routine’ as it evolves into a social media pastime

Making sense of this stylistic shift in surveillance, from top-down secret observation by authorities to “lateral surveillance” of the people by the people, requires a refreshed perspective, according to David Lyon, professor of sociology and director of the Surveillance Studies Centre at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ont.
In a plenary lecture for this week’s Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences in Victoria — known as the Learneds — he calls it the shift from “fear” to “fun,” from surveillance as a security tool to a social media pastime.
Now, though, paranoid fantasies have come face to face with modern reality: The government IS collecting our phone records. The technological marvels of our age have opened the door to the National Security Agency’s sweeping surveillance of Americans’ calls.
Torn between our desires for privacy and protection, we’re now forced to decide what we really want.
“We are living in an age of surveillance,” said Neil Richards, a professor at Washington University’s School of Law in St. Louis who studies privacy law and civil liberties. “There’s much more watching and much more monitoring, and I think we have a series of important choices to make as a society — about how much watching we want.”
But the only way to make those choices meaningful, he and others said, is to lift the secrecy shrouding the watchers.
“I don’t think that people routinely accept the idea that government should be able to do what it wants to do,” said Marc Rotenberg, president of the Electronic Privacy Information Center. “It’s not just about privacy. It’s about responsibility … and you only get to evaluate that when government is more public about its conduct.”

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home