Gene's Footnotes

I have never been impressed by the messenger and always inspect the message, which I now understand is not the norm. People prefer to filter out discordant information. As such, I am frequently confronted with, "Where did you hear that...." Well, here you go. If you want an email version, send me an email.

October 31, 2013

One Target of the Failed State: Gold

President Roosevelt, 1933:

''By virtue of the authority vested in me by Section 5(B) of The Act of Oct. 6, 1917, as amended by section 2 of the Act of March 9, 1933, in which Congress declared that a serious emergency exists, I as President, do declare that the national emergency still exists; That the continued private hoarding of gold and silver by subjects of the United States poses a grave threat to the peace, equal justice, and well-being of the United States; and that appropriate measures must be taken immediately to protect the interests of our people. ''Therefore, pursuant to the above authority, I hereby proclaim that such gold and silver holdings are prohibited,.....








If it gets bad enough, they’ll declare a national economic emergency. 

They’ll take over the banks, all business and industry. They may even try to confiscate our gold. I served on the Gold Commission for eight or nine months while I was in Congress along with fifteen other members. 

I brought up the subject of confiscation. The power to confiscate gold is still on the books as the law of the land. I urged the full Commission to recommend Congress repeal the power to confiscate gold in an economic emergency. We pushed it to a vote and I was the only one that voted to recommend to Congress that we never again contemplate taking the gold of the American people. The fifteen other mem- bers voted it down. 

The power is still there on the books, and they can do it any time they wish.’’
–Ron Paul, discussing gold confiscation-


 Background on Gold and Confiscation (its a sales pitch)

This current gang running our turf would decide, as did Roosevelt, that owning gold is a grave threat to peace and "equal justice"....   Equal justice, sound familiar?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home