Gene's Footnotes

I have never been impressed by the messenger and always inspect the message, which I now understand is not the norm. People prefer to filter out discordant information. As such, I am frequently confronted with, "Where did you hear that...." Well, here you go. If you want an email version, send me an email.

June 29, 2009

The Venus Blog: the not stream of consciousness version


I have no idea why the prior blog published. So, read this one. That one was thoroughly stream of consciousness. Now, I am rushing to get this out. Life is so complex.

Now it looks like my second effort didn't publish. Oh, well.
_____

Is it "meethane" or the U.S. "meth-ane?

Anyway, I wrote to Murphy, our dilettante Representative, last week to offer my opinion that anyone who votes for the "cap and trade" bill is an idiot. After hiding, he eventually voted for it. I think the translation from Nuremberg is: "I was under orders."

I raise this as I was explaining the bill had nothing to do with global warning, etc, etc, that it had to do with state control and central planing and the environment hysteria is a pretext. I joked that if we are really concerned about greenhouse gasses, then we should kill all the cows. (They puff out methane, which makes CO2 pale as a greenhouse gas.)

Well, shut my mouth. They are going after cows. Insanity can be consistent, you know. Anyway, as I mentioned in my letter, this vote is a water shed. he voted for the bill, he is the enemy, period. Life is easier then you no longer can find "gray."

CAP AND TRAITOR

I hear there was no bill in the House, in the sense of a physical document, so I wonder if the vote is legal. I can't imagine a representative voting on nothing other than what they are told to do. They should, at least, pretend to have read it. Anyway, this is hearsay.
---

All this came up because I wanted to comment on a National Geographic show and a few neurons fired.

I have noticed the Weather Channel, contrary to its founder's opinion, and Nat Geo are part of the consensus knowledge crowd. Indeed, I suspect there is a propaganda aspect to their reporting.

I wanted to learn about Venus.

Early on, during the show, I hear that solar wind, which I mentioned, via Greg, a few weeks ago, is what dried up Venus' ocean. (Venus was like Earth, in many ways. Not that long ago, some scientists thought Venus could be a tropical planet. ) The theory is that water vapor was broken down into H and O2 in the atmosphere. The solar wind then pushed that out into space, as well. Over the millions of years we are talking about, the highly active volcanoes, there being no relief valve like tectonic plates covered large parts of the planet, along with magma finding its way to the outside, so did spewed-out New Jersey air.

Heat broke down the Jersey air into sulfuric acid, which is the substance that composes the atmosphere - a cover of clouds that are host to storms, including lightening resulting from SO2 action.

OK, interesting. Now comes the voice over person, with his serious voice, said that Venus was destroyed by run-away global warming and that the earth will become like Venus, it is just a matter of time. I was amazed; I could sense millions of nodding heads and could imagine the grabbing of towels to wipe drool off the chin.

Venus was destroyed by greenhouse gases, was the inane comment. There was further comparison with "global warming" here on earth, such as the famous 2 degree Celsius increase in earth's temperature in the next 50, no 40, no 35 years. Venus, by the way, is 900 degrees C.

So, just keep the information in RAM. Solar wind, which affects us, took out the water which broke down in the heat into H and O2, then blew away. The atmosphere was filled with sulphur dioxide's by the planet-wide volcanic activity. THIS acted to keep heat in, both the close sun and the volcanic activity.

There now cows on Venus.


Hope this is OK, I went through it quickly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home